Let’s admit it, we all get hooked into TV shows, and then get really pissed when we have to wait months, even a year, for the next season. I’ve just started watching one of my favourite shows again so I thought I’d give you guys a list of my favourites! This was actually harder to do than I thought! They are also in no order whatsoever, I can’t pick a solid favourite.
1) LOST – Duh. Who doesn’t love Lost?! All six seasons of it. I’ll admit I lost a little interest when things started getting weird; like the sideways world – and it is a little frustrating that nothing is ever explained… you have to work stuff out for yourself people. I even went as far as searching Lost explained once and it still didn’t shed much light on the situation. It’s a very frustating series, but it just adds to the fun of it. And some episodes are so INTENSE! I didn’t start watching Lost until it had finished and was no longer on TV – which was good because there was no waiting around! I just went and bought all the seasons at once; all I did was sit in front of the TV for a couple months!
2) PRISON BREAK – PLEASE, tell me you’ve all seen Prison Break?! It’s really something special. And can we just talk about TeaBag being a guilty pleasure? I know he’s super bad and a peado and all, but I love his character – he’s so funny. And the woman that plays Sarah is actually Lori from The Walking Dead, and I’m pleased to report she’s slightly less annoying in this! Again, I watched this when the show had completely finished so we have all the box sets. I think the first season when they are still in the prison is the best – although when they’re in Sona it’s pretty intense!
3) THE WALKING DEAD – This was clearly going to be in the list. I have a thing about zombie shows and films – not games, I get scared and die. I get frustrated with TWD because it’s still a current show, so we have to wait ages for the next season. Not only that but I don’t have the channel that it’s aired on so I have to wait even longer for it to be released on DVD. I try very hard to avoid all TWD content on the internet, just incase something gets ruined. Like when Hershall died – I DIDN’T WANT TO KNOW YET! I was super happy when Andrea died though, I hate that bitch, and Lori – although that scene was kinda sad. And can we all just take a minute to stop and think about Norman Reedus (plays Daryll Dixon)…
4) ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK – AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. If you’ve never delved into the world of Netflix, you should go and sign up immediately and watch the first two seasons of OITNB. I won’t say too much about it for those who haven’t seen it, but it’s seriously amazing. And if you have seen it, how brilliant is Crazy Eyes (Suzanne)?! >insert 5 minute interlude of vanilla swirl on repeat here< The only issue I have with this is that season two was released a month or two ago and we have to wait until NEXT YEAR for the next season. That’s right, a year.
5) COUGAR TOWN – I’ve never met anyone else who has seen Cougar Town. It didn’t go on for long and I’m not sure when it first aired, but it has Courtney Cox from Friends in it as the main character and Christa Miller from Scrubs as her best friend. It’s really easy and fun to watch, you should watch it! It’s a bit like a mature Friends come to think of it.
And for all those screaming at the screen “WHAT ABOUT FRIENDS YOU FOOL” – it’s such an obvious choice! I have the Friends boxset and it will be one of my all time favourites for years to come, but like I said, it is an obvious choice – everyone loves Friends!
I hope you found a few good shows to watch from this list if you haven’t already seen them – if you have seen a few let me know what you thought of them and tell me what other shows you’ve been loving! There’s so many brilliant ones to choose from this list was actually quite hard, but these five popped into my head straight away when the idea of this post came about so I must love them!