It’s been so long since I posted something crafty on here – I can’t even remember the last craft post I did… how bad is that! Craft posts made up the majority of my content when I first started blogging… it’s crazy to think how different my blog is now.
Anyway, I got some really cute Riley Blake fabric for Christmas and some family friends recently had a baby boy, so what better way to put my fabric to good use!
It’s been such a long time since I worked on a project like this so it took me a little while to get back into the swing of things. Oh, and the fact that my sewing machine broke made things a whole lot harder! For those of you that haven’t been here since my blogs birth – I used to use my Nan’s old Jones machine, and when I say old I mean about 45 years! I guess it did exceptionally well to last as long as it did.
So below we have the finished product! I really wish that I could turn row two upside down so it was symmetrical but by the time I’d realised what I’d done it was too late, and there’s no way I was going to unpick it! I gave very little seam allowance and I didn’t want some of the blocks to fray and end up being too small. Still, I suppose it’s flaws prove that it’s a handmade quilt rather than yet another factory clone!
I’m rather pleased with it! I wish I’d of used blue thread to attach the binding instead of white, but it’s not a major issue. I had to unpick the binding in a few places as I hadn’t caught the underneath, but it didn’t take long and it definitely improved the quality.
I’ve actually missed sewing and crafting more than I had realised! I can’t wait to get back into it again. And my new sewing machine (it’s a Singer) has so many different options to play around with – my Nan’s one just had one stitch setting! Exciting projects are on the way my friends!