Hi friendy friends! Are we all nice and chubby from all the chocolate we’ve been munching on? I’m kind of regretting saying I didn’t want any eggs this year!
I saw Katie do this tag over at Plus+Beauty a little while ago and wanted to have a go, but then life happened and I forgot all about it! I then saw Lu’s post from Bitch on the Verge and thought I’d better get it written up before I got distracted again! It really is a wonder that I manage to (mostly) stick to a regular posting schedule at all!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Naturally? I have no idea! I think it was straight originally… I had a perm pretty young because I desperately wanted curly hair, but it didn’t hold well and I didn’t look after it like you’re supposed to so it pretty much dropped out. Now I’m left with a weird half wave.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I stopped dying my hair about two years ago because I’m growing it out (it’s taking forever), but I rarely went to a salon; I used to get my Mum to do it for me!
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I’m super boring with my hair – it’s always in a ponytail for work. Before I had a few layers cut in I’d put it in a braid or a bun with cute accessories but now my layers just make everything look awkward. I can’t wait until they’ve grown out.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
Pfffft, who has the spare time/cash to go to a salon?! Especially when it’s so cheap and easy to do at home!
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I change my toe polish (well that sounds gross) when it’s in need of re-doing… but I never change the colour; I can’t stand anything other than red on my toes! I do try to paint my fingernails but they chip within 24 hours – no matter the polish! There’s very little point in even trying with my fingers half the time!
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
All year round! Occassionally I’ll have a week where I’m polish free, but I only do that to let the nail breathe a bit!
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
If I’m doing eyeliner or detailed eyeshadow as well as a full face I’ll be there a good 25 minutes, but if it’s just the basics with a bit of eyeshadow I’m done in 10 minutes or less!
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I do eyes first these days. I always used to do my base first but since I’ve started wearing eyshadow regularly I’ve realised it’s a lot easier to do it the other way around!
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I think I’ve been pretty good lately. I used to buy it just because I wanted it, but all of a sudden I realised that I need space to store all of this goop… and that’s something I don’t have. I actually went into Superdrug today and walked out empty handed!
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I used to wear them all the time when I went out drinking but now I don’t bother! Netflix really doesn’t care if my eyelashes are fluttery or not.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Not religiously, but most days I’ll put a light splattering of a bit of everything on. I’m quite happy to go out bare faced though. Honestly it all depends on what I’m doing that day!
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
Sometimes. I’m really not too fussy with who sees me without slap on anymore… maybe it’s my old age – I’ve just turned 22 you know! But again it all depends on what I’m doing/planned to do.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Quite often I’ll go out to work in the mornings and evenings without any makeup on, but if I have to go out in the middle of the day there’s a very high chance I’ll have filled my eyebrows in – I have terrible brows.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
Not many! There’s so many products I’d love to try but I just can’t justify spending a lot of money on makeup! I know that I could have got a few really good products for the price of a bunch of mediocre drugstore products but that’s not the way my brain sees it.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
6 days a week my OOTD is my work uniform and the other day my OOTD is usually pyjamas or leggings and a baggy top. However, I’ve just had a week off and I’ve been planning my outfits the day before – it’s been lovely being able to wear something other than an unflattering blue tunic in public!
16. How often do you change your handbag?
Not very often – I rarely carry one! I have one of those phone cases that has space for a couple of cards and then the only other thing I need is my car keys which I can loop over one finger!
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
If I’m working I’ll be in bed by 11 at the latest and be up at 7. It’s not fun.
18. How often or when do you workout?
Work… Out… Like, work outside? I have to go outside to get to work but I don’t actually work in the elements 😉
19. Left handed or right-handed?
I’m a rightie!
20. How tall are you?
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Oh yeah loaaaads... I can just about get by in Spanish, but I haven’t done so for a long time. But I’m fluent in American and Australian!
22. How many pets do you have?
Three cats; Snoopy (16), Pepsi (5) and Syd (3)
One dog; Charlie/Shitbag (1 1/2)
Two Chinese dwarf hamsters; Pickle & Egg (2)
23. How often are you on WordPress?
Almost every day I’d say!
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
On other peoples blogs? Not very often no.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
No! That list would be way too long, and I would be very broke!
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
My boyfriend gave me the nickname Bambi because I’m amazingly clumsy and accident prone, and Leigh is one of my middle names.
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I have a Nikon Coolpix S2700 🙂
28. How often do you clean your house?
Twice a week.
29. What’s your favorite color?
I’ve really been into mint for quite a while now, but I wouldn’t say I have a favourite colour of all time… I like what I like when I like it!
30. Do you swear?
Fuck no! I do IRL, but I try not to swear too much in blogs – you never know who may be reading! I think swearing is more of a spontaneous thing anyway, there’s no need to type it out.
Don’t forget to head over to Katie and Lu’s blogs and check out their answers too! And if you want to answer these questions please go right ahead – we all love a good tag don’t we 😉